For Free consultation Call or Whatsapp
Donor egg IVF or egg donation is a process in which donor eggs are fertilised with the husbands’ sperms, embryo is formed and then inserted in the wife’s uterus. Donor eggs are eggs (oocytes / ovum) taken from an egg donor for the purpose of making embryos.
The use of donor egg for IVF is getting more and more popular. Majority of couples with are opting for this technique due to its high success rate.
Which couple can take advantage of donor egg IVF
Couple who are facing the following problems can take advantage of the egg donation program.
- Low AMH: If the AMH value is less than 0.5
- Menopausal women: Women who do not get their periods can conceive with the help of donor egg IVF.
- Recurrent abortions: Women who have had repeated genetic abortions can change the oocyte (egg) in the embryo to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Failed IVF due to poor egg quality: Couple who have faced IVF failures due to poor egg quality should take advantage of donor egg IVF.
- Ovarian Cancer: Women facing ovarian cancer can conceive with donor egg IVF.
- Genetic Diseases: If the couple faces risk of the child inheriting any genetic disease , it is better to opt for egg donation.
What is the Success rate of Donor Egg IVF?
The success rate of donor egg IVF is 80 to 90% if the endometrium is good. This is because these eggs are taken from donors who have given pregnancies before and thus these oocytes have the potential to make healthy babies.