For Free consultation Call or Whatsapp
Donor egg IVF or egg donation is a process in which donor eggs are fertilized with the husbands’ sperms, embryo is formed and then inserted in the wife’s uterus. Donor eggs are eggs (oocytes / ovum) taken from an egg donor for the purpose of making embryos.
In the donor egg process the egg preparation protocol for the donor and the endometrium preparation protocol for the mother will start simultaneously. Once the eggs become 20mm and endometrium reached 9mm , embryos are made and inserted in the mothers uterus, The image bellow are shows the entire donor egg process.
The use of donor egg for IVF is getting more and more popular. Majority of couples with are opting for this technique due to its high success rate.
Which couple can take advantage of donor egg IVF(Egg donation)
Couple who are facing the following problems can take advantage of the egg donation program.
- Low AMH: If the AMH value is less than 0.5
- Menopausal women: Women who do not get their periods can conceive with the help of donor egg IVF.
- Recurrent abortions: Women who have had repeated genetic abortions can change the oocyte (egg) in the embryo to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Failed IVF due to poor egg quality: Couple who have faced IVF failures due to poor egg quality should take advantage of donor egg IVF.
- Ovarian Cancer: Women facing ovarian cancer can conceive with donor egg IVF.
- Genetic Diseases: If the couple faces risk of the child inheriting any genetic disease , it is better to opt for egg donation.
What is the Success rate of Donor Egg IVF?
The success rate of donor egg IVF is 80 to 90% if the endometrium is good. This is because these eggs are taken from donors who have given pregnancies before and thus these oocytes have the potential to make healthy babies.
How do we choose donor eggs?
Every IVF centre will have their own method of choosing donor eggs for patients. At Jilla IVF centre we choose proven donor eggs, these are the ones who have given our patients healthy babies. We take the detailed genetic and medical history of the donors. Thus, majority of our patients with donor egg IVF have conceived in the 1st cycle itself. You can read the reviews online.
What is the procedure/process for donor egg?
The egg donation process is like IVF , but here it is divided into two parts.
- Endometrium preparation: The wife’s endometrium lining is prepared using oestrogen tablets. Once the endometrial thickness becomes more than 9mm , progesterone injections are given for 5 days and the embryos are transferred.
- Stimulation: The donor is given stimulation injections for growing more than one follicle. Once the follicles become 18 to 20mm, a trigger injection is given and the oocytes are aspirated. These oocytes are fertilised with the sperm to form embryos. Embryos are cultured in the lab for 5 days and then inserted on the wife’s uterus.
What if the sperm count and egg count both are low?
In such a case ICSI is performed in the donor egg using the husband’s sperm. Thus giving a high success rate in the egg donation program.
Is there any risk in egg donation program?
There are no medical risks associated with donor egg IVF. In fact couples who take advantage of donor egg IVF have higher chances of conception.
What is the cost of Donor egg IVF?
Donor eggs generally cost between 40 to 60,000 including the medications.