For Free consultation Call or Whatsapp
- What is PCOD ?
PCOD meaning polycystic ovaries. This means that women with PCOD will have more than 10 eggs in each ovary. Ovary is the structure that holds eggs inside it. As you can see in the image here there is a normal ovary on the right and there is a PCO ovary on the left. This condition affects 5 to 10 percent of the women in the age group of 12-45. PCOD is not a disease and women having PCOD can conceive. If they don’t conceive naturally , they will conceive with IVF. PCOD patients have the highest success in IVF treatment and have the choice of conceiving with twins.
How do I know if I have PCOD ? ( The symptoms of PCOD)
Generally women with PCOD will have the follwing symptoms:
- Weight gain
- Extra hair on face , back , calf , tummy and chest
- Thinning of scalp hair
- Irregular periods , no periods and heavy bleeding
- Women with PCOD have difficulty in conceiving naturally
If you have these symptoms and you want to understand if there is PCOD , tests like trans vaginal sonography or AMH can help.
If have PCOD and are unable to conceive. Call in 8080943943
What is the treatment of PCOD ?
- Ovulation induction and planned relation /IUI: Ovulation induction is the process of growing the patients follicles using medicines and monitoring the follicle growth under ultrasound. Once the follicle becomes 18-20mm then trigger is given and patient is advised to keep relations or an IUI is done.
- IVF: In case you have tried IUI and planned relations more than 3 times it is better and have not conceived, there is some other underlying problem that needs to be solved. In such a case IVF is a better option to proceed with. In IVF the chances of success for a PCO patient are almost 80%.
- ICSI: Incase you are a PCO patient and you husbands sperm count is less then ICSI is the way forward. In PCO patients ICSI success rate is 90%.
Can patients with PCOD conceive?
Patients with PCOD can definitely conceive with different types of infertility treatments. In treatments like IVF and ICSI , PCOD patients have the maximum chances of conception since patients with PCOD will have more number of eggs than patients without PCOD. The chances of twin conception is also high in case of PCO patients. If you have PCOD, and are unable to conceive, there is no need to worry , you will definitely conceive with infertility treatments.
To know more you can get a free consultation with our specialist , to get one call on 8080943943
A word form Jilla IVF
Patients with PCOD will have very high success rate in IVF and ICSI both , since these patients will have more number of eggs. More eggs will give us more blasts and that means higher success rate. All the women who have PCOS or PCOD , there is no need to worry. You will conceive easily with the help of fertility treatments. Just meet a fertility specialist as soon as you can so you do not land into advanced maternal age ( in this case the egg quality decreases because of age ).